I've decided to start blogging about my process on projects that I'm doing to help prepare me for my portfolio this Spring. Here is my latest piece:
 |
| A ways into the process... |
 |
| Scared to do the faces... |
 |
| ...So I'll do them second to last |
 |
| Hey! Not so bad! |
 |
| I totally nailed that fur hat! |
Right now we're wrapping up our cross hatch, line, and stippling segment in my Illustration for Graphic Designer's class. We were broken up into groups of three and had to decide on a theme for our project and then create a museum poster for said theme. Our group decided to go with a theme for the
National Museum of the Native American. Other cool ideas in from other groups included a Mushroom theme at the
World Forestry Center and a Reptile and Amphibian show at
OMSI. I think I can honestly say that EVERYONE in the class went with stippling and only one person, who happened to be in my group, went with line for his illustration (I think everyone chose stippling 'cause of control issues! Hahaha, oh Graphic Designers...).
Overall, the stippling of my project took about 12 hours and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out! The hat on the baby is some kind of fur and I feel like I executed it really well. Below you can see the final poster design with the line and stippling projects of my two classmates. I took the circle design from the woman's shirt to apply as texture for the top and bottom blocks of color. The typeface is Goudy Old Style.
What would you suggest I could have done to make this piece stronger?
 |
| My Final Stippling Project |
|
 |
| Final Museum Poster | | |
|
i always found crosshatch to be so hard. in college, in illustration class…i always struggled with this. yours, however, is lovely!
ReplyDeleteI find it difficult, too! I think that's why the majority of the class went with stippling...
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you! :)
Love how you incorporated the texture from her blouse into the poster. Can you tell us lay people what stippling is? :)
ReplyDeleteThe whole image is made of (lots and lots and lots) dots from your pen. Hence, why it took about 12 hours to do it.
ReplyDelete